What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a popular cosmetic procedure that involves using a device with tiny needles to create small punctures in the skin such as a Dr Pen or a Derma Roller. This process stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which are essential for healthy hair growth.
How Does Microneedling Help with Hair Growth?
Microneedling can help improve hair growth in several ways:
1. Increased Blood Circulation: The tiny punctures created by microneedling promote blood flow to the hair follicles, delivering essential nutrients and oxygen.
2. Enhanced Absorption of Topical Treatments: Microneedling creates microchannels in the scalp, allowing topical treatments, such as minoxidil or hair growth serums, to penetrate deeper into the skin and reach the hair follicles more effectively.
3. Activation of Hair Follicle Stem Cells: Microneedling activates dormant hair follicle stem cells, encouraging them to produce new hair strands.
How to Perform Microneedling for Hair Growth?
Here is a step-by-step guide to performing microneedling for hair growth:
1. Cleanse your scalp thoroughly to remove any dirt or oils.
2. Divide your hair into sections to ensure even coverage.
4. After microneedling, apply a hair growth serum or minoxidil to the scalp. The microchannels created by the needles will enhance the absorption of the product.
5. Avoid washing your hair for at least 24 hours after the procedure to allow the scalp to heal.
Precautions and Tips
While microneedling can be beneficial for hair growth, it's essential to keep the following precautions in mind:
1. Consult a professional: It's recommended to consult a dermatologist or a trained aesthetician before attempting microneedling at home.
2. Use a clean and sterile microneedling device: Ensure that the device you use is clean and sterile to prevent any infections.
3. Be consistent: Consistency is key when it comes to microneedling. Perform the procedure regularly as advised by your dermatologist or aesthetician to see optimal results.
Microneedling is a promising technique for improving hair growth. By stimulating blood circulation, enhancing the absorption of topical treatments, and activating hair follicle stem cells, microneedling can help promote healthier and thicker hair. However, it's crucial to follow proper precautions and consult a professional if you have any concerns before incorporating microneedling into your hair care routine.