Many men and women across all ages suffer from hyperpigmentation and anyone who has hyperpigmentation knows that it is difficult to overcome. Fortunately there are many at home treatments and products to reduce unwanted pigmentation.
1. Our Dr pen Microneedling Devices are fast-becoming a popular choice for at-home and are very successful in treating pigmentation. Microneedling helps to reduce hyper-pigmentation by breaking up the pigment below the skin surface, prompting the skin to shed the damaged skin cells, allowing the pigmentation to move up to the surface where you can lighten it with topical lightening skincare products.
How can we treat hyperpigmentation?
If the hyperpigmentation resides in the epidermis, outer layer of the skin, it can respond very well but If the pigmentation is in the dermis, deeper part of the skin, it can require multiple microneedling treatments and it may take more than just needling alone to resolve and often requires a combination of targeted products and ingredients as well.
For best results using a combination of microneedling treatments, with gentle acid peels and lightening/brightening serums/creams can be very effective for persistent hyperpigmentation or melasma. It is important to note that needling breaks down the pigment it doesn't remove it completely, thats where your acid peel and lightening products come in. Look for products that contain ingredients that inhibit melanin: Such as Arbutin and Tranexamic Acid .Other ingredients that brighten your skin are: Vitamin-A in all forms (Retin A, Retinol), Vitamin-C , Liquorice, Mandelic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy acids and other plant based extracts.
2. La Clinica Brightening Serum - LEVEL 2
Our newest, most potent treatment is the Brightening Serum Level 2 with Alpha-Arbutin, a relatively new player in the readily-available skincare game. Alpha-Arbutin is an antioxidant backed by research to fade discolouration and even out skin tone. It inhibits the formation of melanin on the skin by blocking tyrosinase, the enzyme that produces dark spots. It also includes Tranexamic Acid, another hot ingredient that the beauty sphere is raving about. Clinical studies using Tranexamic Acid have found stand-out results in reduction of melasma / hormonal pigmentation. The reason this is so exciting is that melasma is notoriously hard to treat and frequently recurs. Boosted with Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Mulberry & Licorice Root Extracts for extra brightening power, this level 2 serum really packs a punch.
FEATURES OF THE BRIGHTENING SERUM LEVEL 2
- Contains powerful, pigmentation-fighting Alpha-Arbutin and Tranexamic Acid
- Also includes Vit C, Niacinamide, Mulberry & Licorice Root Extracts
- A silky, light, everyday serum
3. La Clinica Vitamin C Ultra Serum helps to brighten skin’s appearance. A powerful antioxidant, Vitamin C not only helps reduce the appearance of hormonal pigmentation or pigmentation from acne, but also helps fight against external stressors such as UV rays and free radicals that can swindle your skin out of its natural radiance.
4. Want to fight the signs of ageing as well as pigmentation? Retinol may be the product of choice for you.
FEATURES OF RETINOL
- Turns over skin cells
- Encourages collagen production
- Smooths discolouration
- Evens out skin tone
5. La Clinica Brightening Correction Peel is specifically formulated to help reduce both pigmentation and blemishes, perfect for hormonal skin. Its focus is on the outer layers of the skin which means it is both gentle and safe during pregnancy. It contains both Mandelic and Lactic Acids which are forms of AHA which work by loosening the connections between surface skin cells, allowing them to shed naturally, leading to a fresher, brighter complexion. They also provide hydrating properties, improve the appearance of fine lines and help brighten uneven skin tone. Pores appear visibly smaller, skin texture is radiant and smooth.